This is one of my absolute favorite dishes! As with most of our recipes, it is simple to prepare and quick to cook. You can do this quickly on the riverside over a fire with your cast iron pan...or at home on your stove top. No matter how you cook it, this one will leave you satisfied.
- halibut, rockfish or lingcod - if grilling leave as a large chunk, if using a pan then you will want to dice it
- fresh rosemary
- fresh thyme
- fresh oregano
- red pepper flakes
- corn or flour tortilla, warmed
- or substitue lettuce leaves
TOPPINGS - below are just a few ideas - use as many or few as you want!
- bell peppers, diced small
- chopped salad mix (our favorite brand is Taylor Farms)
- cucumber, 1/2" chunks
- onion, 1/4" chunks or diced
- cottage cheese or sour cream
- cream cheese, spread onto warm tortilla
- prepare seasonings and rub into fish
- if grilling - place fish onto hot grill until thoroughly cooked
- remove from grill and shred
- if cooking in a cast iron pan -
- heat some olive oil over medium heat
- add onions and peppers and cook until translucent
- add fish - add additional oil if needed - stirring and breaking fish apart as it cooks.
- prepare your taco, add freshly squeezed lime if desired and enjoy!
Leave a comment